Fortunately, there are tools available to help bring awareness to your blog.
The generous-of-spirit Elsa runs AstroDispatch, a popular aggregator of astrology blog posts, articles and videos. This site is an excellent source of traffic. Elsa acts as an editor, so there’s no guarantee your blog will be included, or maybe your blog will be included but she won’t include every new blog post you publish. (I can’t speak for her, but this is what I’ve observed.)
My advice: Link to both ElsaElsa and AstroDispatch on your blogroll, then visit her Contact page. (1) Tell her you’ve linked to her. (2) Ask for your blog to be considered, and include your blog’s RSS feed. (If you have a WordPress blog, it’s just your URL followed by /feed.)
Reddit for Astrologyblogs
Chris Brennan of The Horoscopic Astrology Blog just this week created an Astrology Blogs channel on Reddit. You can submit your own posts (or your readers can do that for you), and Redditers (?) can vote links up or down in popularity.
You can promote this group with a widget or button, and if you have a self-hosted WordPress blog, message him and he can probably help you out with a button customized for the Astrology Blogs group.
- Astrology TopListed will rank your blog if you include their widget on your site.
- Astrology Blog List is a glorified RSS reader including select blogs, run by Julie Rimmer. I don’t know if she responds to requests for inclusion, or if she curates based on her tastes.
- Astrology AllTop is another glorified RSS aggregator, but part of a much larger ecosystem. You can submit a site.
- Astrology Thoughts also includes blogs, and you can submit yours.
- Best Astrology Blogs is a good source of traffic but only if your blog is popular enough (according to Alexa) to be included.
- And let’s not forget Astrology Blogger, another aggregator hosted by none other than Beth Turnage, the hostess of this here blog!
Comment below: What did I leave out?
About the Author
Jeffrey Kishner is publisher of Sasstrology.
Astrology Blogger. How soon some us forget.
thanks for sharing…
Oops! Thanks for the reminder, Beth. I’ve just added it above.
Stumbleupon can be good too, though they don’t encourage submitting your own posts.
Stumbleupon can give you great traffic is someone who has a goodly numbers of subscribers to their feed picks up your post.